The ASA six-point manifesto aims to improve central and local government support for swimming and make school swimming lessons a priority.
The manifesto, titled ‘Save School Swimming, Save Lives’, is in response to the recent research carried out by Kellogg’s and the ASA revealing that one in three children are leaving primary school unable to swim.
The six points included in the manifesto are:
- Every child learning to swim in primary school
- Improve training for primary school teachers
- Robust monitoring of school swimming at Ofsted
- Swimming as a school budget priority
- Support at secondary schools
- Help keep school pools open